Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2005, 02:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Tin foil barbs in pond?

i have a few very large tinfoil barbs and i was wondering if you guys think that they might be able to survive in a pond.
maybe someone can help me. i just don't know too much about these barbs.
thanks in advance

Old 06-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I did a quick search on them, and it appears that they do prefer temps from 70-80° F.
So if your pond stays near these temps, you could have a go. I think they could take a temp of 65°F at night. But I would definetly not go any colder.
They originate from Thailand and Borneo. Considering the tropical climate there, I do believe they like the higher temps.
Since summer is coming up it may be ok.

Have a look at the temp of your pond during the day, and early in the morning, so you've got an idea how cold it gets.

Good luck!

Tags
barb, barbs, oil, pond

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com