Tiny micro bubbles in my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello guys... I know I just set my tank up the filter is pushing little tiny bubbles everywhere! Is this a common thing or is something not set up right? Will they eventually go away?

What kind of filter did you get? If it is an internal or canister filter, spitting out bubbles/air is common when you first set it up because it has air trapped inside the media. If your filter is a hang on back filter, the cause is likely that the water level is low. If you add more water to the tank, it will probably help. While bubbles coming from the filter aren't really harmful, they can definitely be an eye sore.

Should go away on a freshly started tank. Give it a day and see how it goes.

What kind of filter did you get? If it is an internal or canister filter, spitting out bubbles/air is common when you first set it up because it has air trapped inside the media. If your filter is a hang on back filter, the cause is likely that the water level is low. If you add more water to the tank, it will probably help. While bubbles coming from the filter aren't really harmful, they can definitely be an eye sore.

Yea it's a HOB filter and it is brand new so ill let hit run for a day or 2 and see if they start to go away. Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom