Tips on moving breeding angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly5978

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 3 pair of breeding angelfish in separate tanks. I just signed a lease on a new house (yay), but I'm worried about moving my fish and fry. Please post any tips on how to keep them the least stressed for a move. Also, we're in the midst of a winter storm in Indiana. How in the world can I keep their transport water at the same temp?

Thanks! I've received fish shipped from a seller via ups, but never moved them myself. The fish I received were in individual bags, with heat pads on the sides, shiny silver insulation (not sure the material) and all were full of air. The fish will only be out of the tank 2 hours max, so I'm hoping towels will work. How do I make sure they have air in the bags? And do I bag them separate? Or with their "sig other"?

Also, the fish shipped to me arrived in blue water. It looked like methelyne blue....but I don't know. Do I need to put anything in their water (these angelfish are SPOILED, so they very likely will freak out more than the average fishy). I use prime on my tanks....but should I put stress coat or something in their bags? I'll be devastated if I have to start all over when I'm so close to successfully raising their fry.

to be honest, I use tupperware containers, not bags (I don't have bags) and I bag them individually. A couple hours shouldn't be too bad, just be sure to make setting up your tank priority when you move. If you can, keep 50% of the old water so that it's like the tank just got a 50% water change. Put some slime coat help once you move them to the new house. I really don't know about fry though, and despite all you do, they still might not make it. Just make it as stress free as you can. Same temp, same set up, darkness, try not to jostle them. You don't have to have Meth.Blue help with oxygenation which won't be a problem for such a short trip. You can also set up a temp tub in the new house with just the filter going if it's going to take a while for your tank to get set up. Sorry I'm not much more help and good luck.
\

Back
Top Bottom