Topfin 29 gallon starter kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemamauggly

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wondering if anyone else gots on and can help me out with a few things

First how do I set up the heater it came with/ don't think the thermometer works

And the water is not even

Attachments

• image-847223687.jpg
    image-847223687.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 86
I recommend getting a new heater. The one that came with mine only lasted 10-11 months. I'd just use that one as a backup, or you might end up driving around for hours trying to find a heater on a sunday evening like I did. The heater has a + and - instead of numbers. You just have to set it in the middle and slowly adjust from there. The stick on thermometer is junk. I'd get another one and throw that one away and it looks like the stand isn't level... sorry to be so negative, but just giving my opinion from experience with the same kit. I ended up replacing all the accessories but the filter. I bought another filter to run with it though, and I am going to replace the filter with an aquaclear soon.

Try putting the heater in the middle. Get a better thermometer, like this one. Is the tank itself level? Is it on carpet? Double-check the stand/tank itself and make sure it's even. Most accessories that come with kits aren't very good. You'll probably need a second filter or upgrade to a larger one. Aquaclear filters are one of the best.

I will try to buy a really good thermometer and the water level is not as noticeable when the tank is fulll

Is it the one with the LED lights? I actually just got this one for christmas. I had a ton of problems trying to get the heater to actually HEAT the water :/ I'm replacing it with a fluval this week and am going to just keep this one handy for my medic tank.

The entire kit has some issues to me :[ Like the bottom of my tank wasn't level and we had to take it back along with the lid having a huge crack in it.

Well the water is heated up a bit but I can't tell if it works properly or not cuz the thermometer is broken the bottom on mine is also not level but I'm not worried about it

the bottom on mine is also not level but I'm not worried about it
You should be. You are putting some serious stress on something that weighs approximately 290 pounds and is held together in part by silicone. It may behoove you to find a way to level the tank...

David

Back
Top Bottom