Trying to decide on a final stocking plan >.<

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so my tank is fnally almost finished cycling. Its supposed to be a 36 bowfront but when i put in the actual measurements online, its like 42 gallons. Anyways, I used aqadvisor (just as a guideline) and made up two different scenarios. ill post the pics, and you guys tell me what you think. any feedback is good feedback at this point. (y)

Edit- well the pics arent uploading, I'll try again in a bit or just post out the stock ideas

ok here they are

Attachments

• AquStockImage2.png
    AquStockImage2.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 101
  • AquStockImage3.png
    AquStockImage3.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 97
36 is right, you need to take the soil, plants and decorating from the actual number of gallons.

Why take 2 shoaling fishes(tetra) take one and double their numbers. Looks less messy

I mean, it's better for the fish, it looks less chaosy, and larger shoals look more impressive

I'm not concerned with the look, ive already decided that i like the way each would look. the only difference between the two stocking plans, is that one features 1 pearl gourami, and the other has 2 gbrs instead. thats the part im wondering about. im trying to decide which to choose and if theyd even work.

Id take the gerrys then. Gourami arr fish that look better when they have a female and male together, male looks way more colorfull then

Lol, don't think about the look. The look is not the question. I was wondering if size and compatibility needs were being met, I should have been more speific I guess my bad
Originally I was gunna have like 4 dwarf gouramis but then I was told they'd be aggressive toward each other so I had to change my plan, and came up with these two ideas. I really love the gbrs so I think I may go with them, but my question is about their needs in a tank, and if anyone has actual experience with any of these fish. (besides phantom tetras and hatchets, I've had them before)

See, I don't think the tank is actually 42 gallons. There is a special formula for calculating the volume of a bowfront. If you just put in dimensions on aqadvisor, it assumes your tank is rectangular. Aquarium Volume Calculator | Aquarium Tools is great for calculating volumes.

As for the stocking, I think that you're ok on both plans, (although there is something to the 'double one tetra school' idea) I vote for the plan with the GBRs.

I really like the second option! I think youre stocklist is great and plus you still have some wiggle room!

Just so everyone knows, I'm not changing the tetras. Lol. I said that already. But thanks for picking an option, that's three for the gbrs

paytertot said:
Just so everyone knows, I'm not changing the tetras. Lol. I said that already. But thanks for picking an option, that's two for the gbrs

I agree , I think two schools will look better than one! Good luck

You do realize that your "3x Malaysian trumpet snails" will not stay at 3 right? I put 2 in my 10 about a month ago and I now have many, many more..

You should change the tetras, at least if you plan to house them in there for life. You're essentially working with the footprint of a 29 gallon, and Congo tetras will grow too large and active for this tank IME. I recommend them for 4 foot tanks and up.

Back
Top Bottom