Trying to determine best food for fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slasher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have 1 albino Corydoras paleatus, 4 tiger barbs, and 3 calico platy... I am wondering what type of food I should be feeding them. I just put the fish in yesterday and will start cycling. I have TetraCichlid mini granules from a previous tank, will these work?

I also have an el nino fern and was wondering if regular incandescent bulbs will work for this? I am already replacing my heater, as this one wont seem to turn off and I am worried of overheating my fish.

I would suggest New Life Spectrum Optimum. This is a high quality flake that is good for a community tank.

Just ordered some NLF Spectrum. Not used yet but was told granule are better than flake

Your Cory should get some sinking food also.

I use Omega One Shrimp Pellets and Frozen bloodworms. I put a little in a small cup of tank water. Suck it up with a turkey baster and target feed. First other fish, then Cories. I hope you have room for more Cories later. They should be in groups of 6+

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought New Life Spectrum Community Fish and some Top Fin Color Enhancing Tropical Flakes. I figured I could primarily uae the new life, but supplement with flakes. I also have some HBH crab and lobster bites... can I use that for the Cory?

I juat put my fish in yesterday, how soon should I feed them? I have read everything from immediately to 2-3 days.

I bought another heating element that should be here by Tuesday. I am manually cycling the thermometer, trying to stay around 76-78. It was up to 84. Any thoughts on this are appreciated as well!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I can feed the cory the lobster bites and start feeding today?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom