Two tanks are better than one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have three tanks, a 90, a 5,and a 5. My goal is 2 big tanks, one FW and one SW. She said it will look like a pet store.

Tell her you need a QT/hospital tank. Get some new fish, put them in QT, and tell her that you found out they are not compatible so you need both tanks.
You could try flowers or jewelery too.

I have a 29 gallon and I purchased a 10 gallon for a Hospital tank. She say the 10 has to go. I think she is worried I might not stop there. She would not be interested on what goes in it, so that won't help.

hospital tank doesnt need to be set up the whole time. if you just dont set it up until you get new stock for qt its easy to hide. i am sure there is something she has or gets you just need to bargain for. tell her you are looking at a 55-120 gallon tank lol it will show the 10 gallon isnt much.

if that doesnt work we will have to get into studies on how they lower blood pressure how they are relaxing. they use them in hospitals.

lool... well it's kinda your hobby,

can't you comprise to her that THATS all you need? 2 tanks? cause I do think you have to respect your wife's opinion too. ><

hospital tank doesnt need to be set up the whole time. if you just dont set it up until you get new stock for qt its easy to hide. i am sure there is something she has or gets you just need to bargain for. tell her you are looking at a 55-120 gallon tank lol it will show the 10 gallon isnt much.

if that doesnt work we will have to get into studies on how they lower blood pressure how they are relaxing. they use them in hospitals.

and in dentists too!

I would back it up with scientific studies about the relaxation and how it will improve your overall health (women are always concerned about that), then try to involve her in the hobby. If that doesnt work then take her out to dinner or buy her something...or give her ur credit card and send her shopping...or do a lot of chores/home improvement/landscaping that she wants done...there are ways to work this angle...u could always show her pictures of the forum members here and their tanks and promise you wont ever become as insane as us (but then that would be lying cause 1 tank and its inevitable that you catch MTS)

I can try the health angle as well. My doctor says I need to be more relaxed and to control my stress, so that might be the key. Too bad I already bought the 10g tank. I should have brought home another large tank, then she would think this tank is sooo small.

its not too late still.... buy a 260 gallon and return when she says no, and be like, see, the 10 gallon wasnt so bad was it...

I always liked the Aussie bumper stickers:
"Man seeks Woman that is interested in cooking, cleaning, fishing and owns boat with motor. Please send picture of boat."

Is there something she would really like to have that you weren't keen on? Let's make a deal! ;)

Back
Top Bottom