Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Types of fish

Hi. I recently bought a 45 litre tank and I cycled it for 2 weeks now. I want to know what kind of fish I could put in. I want to put cold water fish But heard my tank is too small for goldfish.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

11.8g. Pretty small.

You could do a Shrimp tank

You could do Nano fish, like Celestial Pearl Danios.

Or you could do a single Betta.

Much too small for Goldfish. Killifish maybe ?

Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hello and welcome!
Two weeks is an improbably short time for a tank to actually cycle in. Have you read up on the nitrogen cycle/are you providing an ammonia source? Here is a good article on starting an aquarium with some info and links on cycling an aquarium. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/
You are right, your tank is too small for goldfish, who I'd say need at least 100 litres for one. Limiting yourself to cold water will greatly reduce the types of fish you can get, although you can look into white cloud mountain minnows or mosquito fish. I'd recommend getting a heater if you want to be able to keep a much greater range of fish.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have 1 betta in a 10 and he is so happy I cant imagine that I had him in a bowl. You could do like 4 guppies all male or all female. I have a gourami in a 10 gallon and he is very happy he was in a 5 gallon with 3 other gourami when I got him
Old 06-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nano fish or a single betta are the only fish who should IMHO be kept in a 10 gallon tank.

Endlers, celestial pearl danio's, chili rasboras, pygmy cory's are just some examples of nano fish....research them.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com