Ugg...Stalled again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaysono

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I thought, and am still crossing my fingers, that my cycle is on the down swing.

After high concentrations/spike of ammonia a few weeks back....drastic action took place: Daily water changes, reduction in feeding, daily water readings, gravel cleaning....etc.

Over this past week things were looking favorable. Ammonia was declining everyday, back into readable territory. Nitrites finally reached 0, and have stayed that way for the last 4-5 days. Nitrates are within the 5.0 - 10.0ppm range, so I'm not 'too' worried about that.

Partial water change last night of approx. 20% along with vacuuming gravel resulted is some debris...which is good to get rid of.

Still feeding once a day.

Ammonia seems to be stuck at 1.0ppm for the last 3-4 days. Tested water source, and readings were zero, so it's in the tank.

Uuuggghhh....I've been so patient and I so desperately want to add new fish. 7 weeks and counting on my cycle.

sorry about all your problems jaysono, ive been following your posts since you joined. you have been doing everything right. i can't believe it's taking so long, but at least you have had the patience to wait!

good luck

-brent

I am not to sure that waterchanges every day is the best way to go. I'd let it sit for a while and see what happens. Make sure you clean your testing equipment thoroughly before and after each use.

Yeah, I'm going out of town again today in a few hours and won't be back until late Saturday, so I probably won't test again or do a water change (possible that it) until at least Sunday.

My wife has instructions only to feed them once tomorrow as I gave them a pinch this morning.

I remember trying to cycle a 10 gal tank a long time ago and it took forever. No idea as to why. It was at least 8 weeks though.

Sorry for the cliche but , a watched pot never boils. It's like standing at the time clock one minute before you are supposed to clock out; that minute takes at least five to go by.

Just hang in there and don't worry about it. It will cycle, it can't help itself but to cycle...

It will cycle don't worry , it took me about a month to cycle my 3 gallon..Just hang in there ..The fish are incredibly happy if you do fishless cycling , just remember that ! :)

Back
Top Bottom