Ugh. Tank won't clear up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluzepher1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have had my new tank set up for a week now. Water is not clearing upAdded filter floss to filter, Tahitian moon substrate. Ammonia 0.5ppm. I know fish can not go in the tank yet, but I would think the water would be clear.

55gal tank

photos to follow

hope they load this time

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 98
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Where did u do that. It gave u ur estimated stock percentage? That's pretty cool.

Yeah but even so, it's still gotta be a better generalization then just winging it.

The cloudiness might be from a bacterial bloom. That should subside over time.
Will you be doing a fish-in or fishless cycle for this tank?

Don't mean to hijack thread but I think I have a tannis leak. I want to use carbon to help clear it up. Will this affect my cycle, or my live plants?

Please check out Seachem's Purigen. You put it in your filter and it really helps keep your water clear. Will not affect plant fertilizers. Great stuff! OS.

When you say put it int filter you mean take the charcol put of the fiber pouch and add the purigen in there?

Go with something like Purigen, or most Bacterial Blooms die off within a week or so, especially in new tanks. You can also buy floss (ie pillow stuffing with NO added chemicals, ie Fire Retardant) and change it out twice a day. Just make sure it's in the very last part of your filter, right where filtered water empties back into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom