Um

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caveman0777

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I heard that you should get a filter that is larger then your tank size, so I have a 20h, so is a filter for a 30g good enough?

How many gallons per hour (gph) does it filter? You want to shot for at least 5x the water volume unless you have fish with high bio-load or you are over-stocked then 10x is better.

smomus said:
How many gallons per hour (gph) does it filter? You want to shot for at least 5x the water volume unless you have fish with high bio-load or you are over-stocked then 10x is better.

I have no clue, I haven't baught the filter or anything yet, I just have the tank and hood...

You can't really over filter so go with something that turns over the water atleast 10x

Oh! A 20 high! Lol thought your filter was a 20h and I was confused lol. If your going to buy, I recommend looking into the marineland penguin 200. That will filter 10x. I have one on my puffer tank. On my display tank (29g) I have the 350. I love them!

I can agree with the marine land. I have two of the bio wheel 350's, one on my 30 gallon puffer tank and one soon to be on my 58 gallon freshwater community tank. I'm a big fan of over filtration, lol. For the 30 gallon that makes almost 20x turnover.

Back
Top Bottom