Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think least killifish sound perfect for this tank. They are native to the US and do great in unheated tanks. Contrary to their name, they are actually a livebearer, not a killifish. They are very small fish with the females at about an inch in lengths max and the males significantly smaller. Their scientific name is Heterandria formosa.

Fishobsessed7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks I'll look into them and see if the lfs sells them or can obtain them.
I'm in the middle of redecorating the tank and won't add fish for another week st least.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I got the water tested and everything was good. I was worried that by moving the gravel around and adding sand I had started a mini cycle, but I didn't.
That's when I saw her... a little betta in a dirty cip with stress stripes...I took her home. So I put an power strip in the outlet (I was trying to avoid this) and heated the tank. I would love to add a picture but it's not letting me. I'll try later
Old 06-05-2019, 06:30 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Awesome! I'd love to see a picture when you get it figured out

Fishobsessed7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:44 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I got the water tested and everything was good. I was worried that by moving the gravel around and adding sand I had started a mini cycle, but I didn't.
That's when I saw her... a little betta in a dirty cip with stress stripes...I took her home. So I put an power strip in the outlet (I was trying to avoid this) and heated the tank. I would love to add a picture but it's not letting me. I'll try later
Unfortunately I can't figure it out here so I put them in the photo album (my fish) on my profile. She doesn't have a name yet but her stripes dissapeared today and she is thoroughly enjoying the extra space.
I would have liked to put her in the 55g with the mollies but I don't trust them with her fins.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:31 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tags
ate, eat, heat, nano, nano tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com