Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuadu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all - I suppose this would be roughly my one month report since stocking, and I feel like I've already been through a lot! Everything seems to be going quite good now.

The tank has finally stabilized after the strange post-cycling nitrite readings I'd been seeing, so I call that a win. I have already been through a mild case of ich, which I successfully treated, but we had to go out of town for six days the day after i treated for it - when we returned, I'd lost a few neons (one jumped out and was one the floor). I lost a few more over the next few days (I suspect they were weakened by the ich and maybe succumbed to neon tetra disease), but the ones that are left are healthy and not showing abnormal behavior.

I stocked the tank with additional fish yesterday, and now have the following population (that all seem to be getting along well):

55 gal (AQ 70 and AQ50 filtration)

-20 neon tetras (restocked with 14 more to replace and add to the 5 I lost - they immediately started schooling again)
-5 Boeseman's Rainbows (added another yesterday to make them feel more comfortable)
-6 Serpae Tetras
-1 Dwarf Gourami
-4 Corys (waited on these until now)

I will allow them to get used to each other for a couple weeks, then I plan to introduce one more species to the community - my wife said "something with black on it") - so I need to research a good compatible type for them. After that, I'm going to be done stocking.

It's amazing how much I've learned about this in such a relatively short time; but I feel like I'm doing well by the fish and they seem content enough. If I can find a way to get good snaps of the fish that are not out of focus, I'll post a couple!

Thanks again to all who offered up their help :)

Back
Top Bottom