upgrading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chey9204

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone new to this site.

I currently have a 35 gallon hexagon tank, but Monday I am getting a 78 gallon bow front tank, looking forward to expanding me collection, and getting some great advice. Tank is in my living room and would like it to really be a conversation piece. Have a few fish now but would really like some interesting fish, reasonable price range.

Thanks

Can't really help unless I / we know what type of fish you have and what size and temperment fish you want.

If you don't want bottom dweller fish, a Cherax Distructor or Red Claw are real eye openers. Not only are they blue at 8"-12" they stick out.

Rainbows would look nice and you have a lot of tank mate options with them

Post what you have and what you want and I'll hit you back.

1 bala shark about 8 inches, 2 blue colored gourami 1 gold/yellow colored, 3 striped orange colored tetras 1 have 2 bottom feeders the tetras and gouramis have gotten big. Cheep fish bought at walmart but have had 2 yrs.

Ok, that helps.

I would look to add to the middle of the tank with either more tetras such as Penquins, Head and Tail Lights or maybe Celestrial Danios, Rosy barbs, Odessa barbs. You could go a bit more fisty and add a group of Goodieds. They are very different livebearers. Stay away from anything listed as a fin nipper.

On the bottom, I'd add a group of cory cats say 6-8 of the same kind. A pair of Kribs would be nice as well, but with the other fish already in the mix successful spawning is doubtful. You could also go with a few COPs, orange dwarf crayfish. Fresh water Flounders are cool as well. If you stick to the corys you have now, you could do several types of loaches and smaller eels. The corys would keep them sort of stirred up and visable.

If it were me, I'd go with the Celestrial Danios 6-8, Rosy barbs 4-5, another 3-4 tetras of the same type you have. I would bump the cory cats to 6-8 and add a combo of smaller loaches, eels that stay small and a Flounder or two, three. A few Ghost Shrimp would not hurt either.

flounder sounds cool (WILL NEED TO BAN HUBBY FROM FISHING IN TANK)

we are looking at a peacock eel. wanted a fire eel but think they will get to big and endanger the other fish.

Back
Top Bottom