visitherm 100w heater help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

son2fu

Aquarium Advice Regular
how do i put on the suction cups on the brackets?
they are soo hard to fit on

heater

If I understand your problem, it is getting the suction cup into the bracket? Try wetting the suction cup with water and push it into the hole while turning the cup. It should eventually work into the hole fully. If not, try a bit of say, cooking oil for lube. Or a glycerin based "personal lubricant" may be easier to rinse off with just hot water. No saop or cleaner of any kind. Good luck!!!!

Warm the suction cup in your hands first, and then it's just puusssh really hard and twist it at the same time. They ARE a pain!

They are a pain to get on but just push and twist. Eventually it will go on. Keep twisting until it is on.

Try to warm up the suction cup as the others have suggested so it's a little more pliable. Push the little "ball" into the hole at an angle at first to get a little bit of it in, and then push and twist at the same time to get it all the way on.

First put it in a cup of boiling or really hot water for about 30 seconds, bracket and suction cup. Then take them out, but leave one suction cup in. Push it into the hole and keep turning it at the same time. It should go in slowly. Then take the other one out and do the same. The Suction cup attachment is a pain, turning the heater knob is a pain, but it is a very good heater, I recommend it to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom