walmart frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

farmgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I thought about adding a frog or two to the 10g planted. It currently has 4 albino cory, 3 red eye tetra, 1 small molly and 20,000 snails. 40% pwc weekly with avg readings of 0 amonia 0 no2 and 20ish no3. Will this work and also are these tiny albino frogs at walmart true dwarfs or will they get BIG? They look so pitiful in those tiny cups of blue water. Just a passing thought of mine, TIA.

Albino generally = ACF, i.e large african clawed frogs. As far as i'm aware, there isn't an albino dwarf frog, i.e. the one's you could keep in your tank.

So no, you can't add one, he will grow to 4 or 5 inches and eat most everything if it's a he, and if it's a she...well it will grow to god knows how big and be really fat lol!

But, if you want a frog in a species only tank, they do work, altough walmart isn't the best place to get one. My guy was from walmart though, and he's over 5 years old so if you don't have a LFS that has them walmart would work.

But yeah, they'll vaccum clean your tank of living things or die trying!

Is it albino or is it grey? I've kept the tiny little greyish frogs from places like walmart, petco, and petsmarts for years. None of them ever got a body longer than 1.5-2 inches long and they are kinda dumb. Never lost a fish to one either. In fact I've lost several frogs to gouramis before I realized the frogs were so dumb they would let the fish eat their feet....

So lets see if I got this right - albinos are not dwarf even if it says dwarf, a dwarf will be grayish. If I can find dwarfs they would be ok with the fish I have? I definately don't want an ACF, they get way to big for me. I have a 90 but I love my loaches to much to lose them to a frog!! :)
Thanks guys, I appreciate you all.

If the loaches are small I would put two of them in the ten gallon and watch the snails vanish.

As far as the frogs go I never tried them in a tank. I would be concerned with the problem mentioned above as well as if one were to die what would happen to the tank :cry: .

Back
Top Bottom