want to get started again![aquarium]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i need some pure ammonia... the local CVS doesn't have it, do you think ta hardware store such as home depot will have it? ideas?

ammonia is NOWHERE to be found =( i checked so many stores! this is making me upset! any ideas? i checked home depot, linen and things, where do u people go to buy ur ammonia?? the thing closest to ammonia is LEMON ammonia =( help please!!!

so i just started cycling, i added a capful of ammonia and i tested, it was aroun 4-5 ppm, i keep adding my capful of ammonia every single day until my ammonia reading is at ZERO and then i start to test for nitrites?

thats what i did. add enough ammonia daily to keep it at around 4-5ppm.

although, from day one i tested for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte. probably no reason really to test for the last two, other than as a way to familiarize myself with the tests.

GRRR ijust realized the "master test kit" i got from big al's doesn't have a nitrAte tester... how is this master =\

i'll order it soon, i'm just wonder what is a nitite spike? i've been adding about 6-10 drops of ammonia in my 10g for a few days and tested the ammonia and i decided to test nitrites today and i have .25ppm.... is that a spike? or what's going on.

also when people answer my question about the nitrite spike, want to give me suggestions on some fake plants? or something to decorate my 10 gallon hex? go to big als and point out some nice looking ones that'll make my hex feel "complete" thanks a bunch... if needed, i can take a picture of the hex... just let me know, thanks!

while my tank is in the process of being cycled... i have an idea of the fish i want in it. reminder, it's a 10gallon tank... i was some neons..how many i don't know, i want a dwarf gourami and maybe a micky mouse platy? do these fish do well in groups or are there any other suggestions? how many fish can i keep in here without overcrowding! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom