Wanting a RARE! species of pleco!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jewel_cichlid03

Aquarium Advice Freak
75 gallon
Current stock:
1 firemouth cichlid: 2-2.5 inches
1 convict cichlid - 1.5 inches
1 green terror cichlid - 2 inches
1 red fin tiger loach: 3-3.5 inches
Can any body think of some rare species of plecos. I have my eye on

Zebra pleco L046
Pleco L075 - para
Pleco L215- tapajos silver
Pleco L091 - Redfin black spot
Pleco sultan L264
Pleco L007 - Dracula
Pleco L018 - gold nugget
Royal pleco - L191
Pleco L025 - red devil
Pleco L002 - tiger
Pleco L066 - royal tiger
Pleco L113 - gigas
Pleco L200 - green phantom
Pleco LDA07- red tail leopard
Pleco L305 - lemon fin
Pleco L014 - "sunshine pleco"

Does anyone know anything about the plecos ive listed above cause these are the ones im gonna pick from. If anyone has another suggestion ill gladly take them as well.

Will be upgrading to 150g in December - christmas gift to my self.

I advise you avoid the zebra plecos because of a few reasons:
Most breeders won't sell them to you unless you're going to breed them.
They really need a species tank because they will easily be outcompeted for food.

Hey, glad to see someone investing in a fancy pleco ;)

Out of the list you mentioned, the hardiest in my experience are lemonfins/better known as worm lines, silver tapajos, and tiger plecos. If you want a bit more of a challenge, redfin sternellas, gold nuggets, green phantoms, vampires, royal tigers, and sultans are for you.

Now if you want a show-stopper that is hard to care for, get either typhoon plecos, mango plecos, or goldie plecos. These will be at the limit of your tank capacity however, and it would be preffered to upgrade the tank.

On a final note, dont get zebras, you will regret it because of the above reason. They cannot compete for food.

To add to your list, watermelon royal plecos and gold line royal plecos both look amazing.

Dang Zebras were my top choice lol but i think eventually ill set up a species tank for zebras one day.

But I've narrowed it down to 5

Redfin black spot L091
Red devil L025
Red tail leopard LDA07
Lemon fin L305
Sultan L264

Does anyone have any expirence with these and what they need any special things i should kno that they dont tell u online

Dang Zebras were my top choice lol but i think eventually ill set up a species tank for zebras one day. But I've narrowed it down to 5 Redfin black spot L091 Red devil L025 Red tail leopard LDA07 Lemon fin L305 Sultan L264 Does anyone have any expirence with these and what they need any special things i should kno that they dont tell u online

Out of those I've only kept sultans and lemon fins. Those two are pretty straight forward, they prefer an omnivorous diet and like all plecos, wood for fiber and aufwuchs. Sultans can get aggressive but lemons are quite mild tempered IME. A lot of info you will find online. Lastly sultans prefer slate caves and lemons prefer clay/slate, so keep that in mind if you plan to go either of those routes.

Back
Top Bottom