was given a used 30 gallon including fish- Need to get it home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She claims to have had it about 4 yrs and it is only about 6 inches... does that sound right? From what I am gathering they grow quick.. you would think he would be bigger, no?? How big is too big for my size tank? I want him/her to be comfortable. I Will definatley get some wafers and driftwood. Looking at the tank today I noticed that pictures werent very truthful. It isnt the cleanest tank. She said she cleaned it 2 & 1/2 MONTHS ago! Isnt ot supose to be cleaned more frequently that every few months???
Anyways, I am supose to pick it up this weekend.. cant wait!! :) I was pleasantly suprised to find 2 frogs in the tank as well so cute!!! lol

Oops! Missed your reply. Um, 4 years and the Pleco is only 6 inches long? :shock: Eh, yep, that sounds like a growth stunt issue to me. Mine is growing at 1" a month, he's at around 8" now.

No disrespect if this is a family member or friend giving you this tank... but, yeah, this tank and the residents in it, were sadly neglected. :( Now is your chance to make things right! (y) Don't get overwelmed by the info you get on here. We have all gone through the 'beginner stage' and it can be a bit much to take in all at once. But, one thing is for sure, you came to the right place! :D

now next time I will go, i will go to the reptile section at petco...LOL..

Yeah, I mean, I don't own a reptile... I'm a fish-person! Why would they put them there? LOL It was just by chance that I stumbled upon it btw, *cough* Guinea Pigs were close to the reptile section *cough*. lol

LOL....good call...hehe! they are cute though!

I used to have boa constrictors before, not anymore....but it will give me a reason to look around there anyway....but my goal is the infamous DRIFTWOOD....haha!

LOL....good call...hehe! they are cute though!

I used to have boa constrictors before, not anymore....but it will give me a reason to look around there anyway....but my goal is the infamous DRIFTWOOD....haha!

Yes, they are very cute... but I like being married. ;) LOL

If your Petco is like mine, you will find nothing but an excellent selection! I went w/ the Mopani because of the two-toned color of the wood. It flowed better w/ the rest of my tank decor.

oohhhh cool....now I am getting excited. I might go there next week then.

thanks for the info. :)

and being married is really....nice...LOL

Back
Top Bottom