Was I sold a tire track eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaijufall3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I am new to this site and recently I have bought what I thought was a peacock eel from pets mart but I am not sure as after looking at it I have noticed it lacks the patterns and colors I have seen online and resembles a tire track eel if anything I am new at keeping eels and just want to know if it it is a tire track
ft1xnv

Last edited:
Trying to fix the image link...

IMG_2979.jpg

Well, I see something. Not sure what though. I'm not familiar with these type of eels.

From the blurry photo it looks like a tire track. The peacock has the solid color with the spots that look like the eyes on the peacocks feather.

Sorry the pic is blurry he only comes out every once in awhile and i had to get a quick photo

Take it back asap if you don't want it, they have like a 13 or 14 day policy, and some of them are jerks about it (although after working retail for years, if you complain gard enough, they'll usually just make you happy :/ )

I looked up care for it and it should be fine with its current tank mates and the aquarium is large enough I think I will keep him

He can get two and a half FEET long - 30" or 76 cm. This is likely a poor fish selection in the long run.

Peacock Eel gets much smaller.

Do you have a 125G tank or the room to get one or take care of it, very long term commitment and lots of money too. Just something to think about.

My tank is a 75 gallon which I do plan to upgrade in the near future they will not let me take him back and I have no one to give him to

Sounds bad that a store that sells you a mis-tagged item wouldn't let you return or exchange him.

I am glad you know what you are getting into. It isn't right that a business wouldn't fix something with a fish that gets to be a monster fish sized :/.

Back
Top Bottom