Water advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KJG86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How are my tanks looking? Any advice?

10g Betta tank

pH 7.6
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 2
Nitrate 20

30g community tank

pH 7.8
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 1
Nitrate 5

I have been doing 20% water changes daily and 50% changes with substrate cleaning weekly. I'm using a water conditioner with my water changes.

Thanks!

How are my tanks looking? Any advice?

10g Betta tank

pH 7.6
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 2
Nitrate 20

30g community tank

pH 7.8
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 1
Nitrate 5

I have been doing 20% water changes daily and 50% changes with substrate cleaning weekly. I'm using a water conditioner with my water changes.

Thanks!

Well ur tank isn't cycled and/or your over stocked...

I wasn't thinking that either were finished cycling yet. I just wanted to see if I should be doing anything differently with my water changes with how my numbers are looking. Im doing fish in cycling. Sorry I should have mentioned that neither are established tanks yet ; )

I wasn't thinking that either were finished cycling yet. I just wanted to see if I should be doing anything differently with my water changes with how my numbers are looking. Im doing fish in cycling. Sorry I should have mentioned that neither are established tanks yet ; )

On both I'd do a 80% wait an hour 80% and then continue with what uve been doing. In the community tank, what fish do you have in?

I have 8 neon tetras, 8 glofish, 1 dwarf gourami and 5 ghost shrimp.

I have 8 neon tetras, 8 glofish, 1 dwarf gourami and 5 ghost shrimp.

You have overstocked your tank I have a 15 g and only have 8 fish total with 3 red cherry shrimp typically a good little trick for stocking is one inch of fish for every gallon so for a 10 gallon you could have 10 one inch fish or 5 2 inch fish ect

You have overstocked your tank I have a 15 g and only have 8 fish total with 3 red cherry shrimp typically a good little trick for stocking is one inch of fish for every gallon so for a 10 gallon you could have 10 one inch fish or 5 2 inch fish ect

The fish I listed are in my 30g tank. My 10 gallon has 1 betta and 3 bronze corys.

That's fine for a thirty gal. You need to up the amount of water you change though, as your nitrite and ammonia should be as close as possible to zero with fish inside.

That's fine for a thirty gal. You need to up the amount of water you change though, as your nitrite and ammonia should be as close as possible to zero with fish inside.

Thanks! With tomorrow's water change I will start changing a bigger amount! This site rocks!

About this, no offense to Danny, but that's a terrible way of stocking. Are you saying you should put an Oscar in a 10 gallon? Also fish have different bio loads. For example, mollies have a way higher bioload than similar sized fish. Just FYI.

About this, no offense to Danny, but that's a terrible way of stocking. Are you saying you should put an Oscar in a 10 gallon? Also fish have different bio loads. For example, mollies have a way higher bioload than similar sized fish. Just FYI.

I've never really liked the 1 inch per gallon rule. I've been using the aqadvisor site which has really helped!

This is true an i have I admit I didn't see the 30 g all I saw was the 10 g tank that he was posting that's y I said it was overstocked

What do I do about poor tap water quality?

My pH is 8.4. Ammonia is 0.25. Nitrite is 5+. And NitAte is 5.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom