Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I test monthly unless iv'e add to the tank or if theres any fish or coral acting odd not opening or staying closed long after lights on.I do a 10% PWC weekly

Ok that sounds straight forward enough. Then when you do your monthly test if you need to do a bigger water change you can. Or should it be pretty stable with 10% weekly? Do you change before adding new stock or not?

i test before adding stock if things look good i add if not they stay in the QT and i'll work to get things in order. My trAtes run around 5ppm unless my wife was feeling sorry for the poor hungry fish then they get to 10-15 ppm

Grizz said:
i test before adding stock if things look good i add if not they stay in the QT and i'll work to get things in order. My trAtes run around 5ppm unless my wife was feeling sorry for the poor hungry fish then they get to 10-15 ppm

Ah poor hungry fishies! It's tempting to feed them when they start swimming around the front when they see you.
That sounds like a good idea especially as I'm still stocking my tank. Do you think it's ok to add every week as long as everything's good or would you leave it a bit longer?

I try to go 2 weeks in between adding fish just so i can be sure the BB has tine to catch up with the bio load

Back
Top Bottom