Water Change Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmurray407

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK, this is probably a really dumb question, but I don't want to put my fish in danger. I have a fairly new (cycled) 29 gal aquarium and am using tap water. To do water changes, I've been filling a jug with water and adding anti chlorine/chloramine drops to the jug before adding it to my tank. So, what if I want to use one of those syphon hoses that hooks up to my water faucet-can I add the drops to the tank before I syphon in the fresh water (city water directly out of the faucet) or should I just stick with my bucket method?
Thanks!
Deb:fish2:

you can add the drops directly to the tank, though you will have to dose the water conditioner to the whole tank volume, rather than dosing just the bucket/jug volume

So it's safe to "pre dose" the aquarium before adding straight tap water? Sounds like it would be a lot easier than carrying buckets, but I want my fish to be safe.
Thanks for such a speedy reply!
Deb

I had the same question last week! Yep just make sure to dose for the entire volume of the tank not just the water you are replacing.

Back
Top Bottom