Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I do 3 50% water changes one after another within an hour or should I wait a couple of hours between changes? Thanks

Hmm.. I'd probably recommend waiting at least half an hour or an hour between each change.

That depends on why you need to do that many water changes. If its because you've got like 8ppm ammonia, i'd do them all one after the other to get it down as quick as possible.

Fishies86 said:
That depends on why you need to do that many water changes. If its because you've got like 8ppm ammonia, i'd do them all one after the other to get it down as quick as possible.

No just because I hate nitrates in the water at all. And hit want them at 0. There only at about 20 before the water change. So it's not bad but I like things perfect.

I have done mutiple back to back 50% wcs before (fish-in cycling) and my fish were fine. I find doing bigger pwcs (70-75%) easier to get nitrate levels down at 1 time because two 50% pwcs is the same thing as one 75% pwc. I guess its whatever you prefer.

Back
Top Bottom