Water dechlorinator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When I do a water change should I put in the dechlorinator before or after I add the water?

Jason_ said:
When I do a water change should I put in the dechlorinator before or after I add the water?

Are you using buckets or a water changer? If buckets, treat the water in the bucket, if a water changer dose the water remaining in the tank for the full amount of the tank before adding the new water.

Thanks, I used to do if by buckets which was easy to do bucket by bucket, now I have a water changer. Once again thanks

Jason_ said:
Thanks, I used to do if by buckets which was easy to do bucket by bucket, now I have a water changer. Once again thanks

You're welcome. I use a water changer for my 46g & buckets for my 2 10g tanks, I much prefer the water changer. LOL. It takes a couple times to kind of figure it out but once you do it's a snap.

shellieca said:
You're welcome. I use a water changer for my 46g & buckets for my 2 10g tanks, I much prefer the water changer. LOL. It takes a couple times to kind of figure it out but once you do it's a snap.

Also I keep the filter turned off for few minutes after I finish refilling just as an added precaution.

Just add dechlorinator directly into stream upon filling. I want it to get mixed, you'll be fine. People making it sound so delicate, but its fine.

Back
Top Bottom