Water help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, hang in there gentry! this will all work out. raise your temp slowly... don't want to stress your guys out too much. add some salt into your tank (aquarium salt - follow the directions on the side of the carton) make sure you dissolve the salt in some tank water before you add it to the tank. the salt and the temp will take care of your ick.
do 50% water changes to get your nitrites under control. if you have to do 2 back to back 50%WC to do this that is ok. I had a time where I had to do 3 sets in a day. just make sure you are temp matching the water, treating with a dechlorinator and then add the salt back in that you are taking out. so for example if you added 2 teaspoons to your tank and then did a 50%WC you would add back in 1 tsp. make sense?
I would not bother with your gravel too much even though you have the ick in there. try to just change your water and maybe do a light gravel vac 1-2 times a week. what you really want is to get your water better. the ick will be taken care of with the temp (and salt) even if you do not gravel vac.

Good news my tank is cycled again! All the fish seem healthy no white spots anywhere! How long should I keep the heat up for?

For atleast a week after you have seen the last spot- you want to make sure any spores in the gravel/tank are dead as well. I am glad everything is going well! :)

Yay! Keep the heat and salt up for 7-10 days from the last day you saw any spots

Back
Top Bottom