Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Water in 55

My 55 gallon water has Been slightly cloudy for weeks but all the test I did with api fw master test kit show zero. And my ph in tap is screwy? So I use pure ro water for water changes. Why is this?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Look It Up

Is this a new tank? Does it have fish? What kind of cloudy, is it white? It could just be a bacterial bloom, which is normal in new tanks. Since you don't have nitrates I'm assuming the tank is still cycling. If you use RO water you need to replenish it with minerals (Kent's RO Rite or Seachem Replenish) or else it's basically distilled water and has zero nutrients for the fish and bacteria. What do you mean you're having problems with the tap's PH....what is it?

By the way I corrected the title of your thread so it now reads "water" instead of "watet"

librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok I just tested nitrates at 10 or 5 so I will also use searchem equilibrium. Proubly spelled that wrong

Tags
water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com