Water leaking from plastic rim!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moncrief2315

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I recently bought this 77 gal used tank. Over all the tank is excellent. But I noticed a little puddle of water on the stand on the side of tank. And there was little drop of water coming from the plastic rim. I felt it and it’s wet. Wiped it up thought maybe it was from fish splashing around. But next day it was back again. Any advice on how to fix this. Should i silicon the inside by the rim and underneath on the outside? Thanks. IMG_0558.jpg

It could be just lowering the water to the point below the edge, but I had something similar and the water was dripping from the filter to the rim, I think was where the brace attached.

A bubbler could be splashing water to the edge.

JBWELD Marine is okay for a tank and can be used wet, I had to patch my plastic pond liner a few times with it.

As for the Silicone, check to be sure I think it was GE silicone 1 it HAS to be the kind without mildew additive. The actual fish tank type I found at the local big box too. Yay.

Back
Top Bottom