Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-30-2004, 02:33 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to JenNewbie
We are up and running!!! Now what to add...??

Finally sold my 25 gall which turned out to be a 37 gallon all this time...

The 75 gallon is up and running!! 2 HOB filters for now until the filter media comes in for the Rena FilStar. The fish are less than thrilled about the whole upset, but oh well. I need smallish colorful fish that do well in hard alkaline water. I've been flipping through my fish guides and, other than wanting one of everything, this is what I would like to have:

Turquoise danios (assuming I can find them in a store)
More blue tetras
Sailfin mollies (but only if the females have that cool dorsal fin)
Giant danios
Maybe a few more celebes rainbow, but my current ones are kinda puny
Bushynose pleco
Neon blue dwarf gourami (1 pair)
Glass catfish
Blue Acara (are they compatible with small community fish?)
Emperor or Diamond tetra

Now, am I just all over the place here? Should I just get larger schools of fewer kinds of fish rather than small schools of several kinds? It's going to be a while before I add more fish, and I know I can't do more than a few at a time, so I'm trying to be good and do my research...

75 gal tank: 2 discus, 1 blue dwarf gourami, 1 male blue gourami, 1 male gold gourami, 1 female platinum gourami, 1 kissing gourami, 2 balloon mollys, 1 sailfin molly, 1 black neon tetra, 1 white cloud, 1 T-bone rasbora, 14 dwarf neon rainbows, 2 leopard danios, 1 female betta, 1 male betta, 1 clown loaches, 1 clown pleco, 1 pit bull pleco, 1 dojo loach, 1 golden apple snail, 4 corys
JenNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sit pretty and let the old gang get used to their new space.
One they've settled in, the fun can begin. None of your fish look to be overly territorial so introducing new guys should not be a problem. Your selection looks great. I'd look out for some of the small dwarf cichlod species like kribrensis. They're beautiful, seem to get along with everyone, like their water hard and are fun to watch. Jeff

Old 10-30-2004, 02:30 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Blue Acara (are they compatible with small community fish?)
No.
I would add more Celebes--Thet are great in numbers! I would also pick two or three of the tetras and danios that you really want in bigger numbers.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com