Week old tank - all plants dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hmosk9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
xbe2ps.jpg
[/IMG]We set up our tank about a week ago. We have 6 tetras that are doing well. The tank we have is the Aqueon 15 galloon column tank which comes with a Full Spectrum T5 light. Please see the attached photo of the tank with the three different types of plants that are dying. Please help!!!

Last edited:
You need more co2 (carbon dioxide) you can by some liquid co2 that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can see one of them is a sword, the others are Anubias?

Anyways, if you bought emersed plants, they would go through an adjustment period before they start to thrive. If they had the right lighting, nutrients and like Caliban said, CO2, they should come back nice and healthy.

1. What kind of light do you have and how long do you run it for? What you have are low light plants. I would suggest running the light no more than 8 hrs with a 4 hr siesta period. For example, 8 am - 12 pm on, 12-4 off, 4-8 on. This siesta period helps increase the amount of dissolved co2 in the water. Plants use co2 every time the light is on.

2. You don't have a special plant substrate which means you need to use root tabs especially for plants that have roots under the substrate.

3. Liquid CO2 would help the plants stay healthy over the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom