What!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you keen on marine?

• Yes, I love all marine fish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's too much messing about

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fishygirly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am starting a large tank, with soft, acid water and various plants, eg: Java Fern, Anubias. What should I put in there, fishwise, discluding Discus? First one to give me a real help gets 20 kudos!!!!

I am starting a large tank, with soft, acid water and various plants, eg: Java Fern, Anubias.

Medium Tetras, Angel fish, Siamese Algae Eaters, Corydorus Catfish. All those fish would like the conditions you describe, would not damage plants, or be aggro to one another. I'm sure there are many more that would work also, but this is a decent starting point.

Give the kudos to somebody else, I have too many as it is!

Are you keen on marine?
Yes, I love all marine fish
No, it's too much messing about

I love the way Brits talk!!! 8)

depending on how large...how about a school of cardinals, a school of hatchets, and a school of cory cats.

Im confused as to what relivence the poll has with the question. Are you maybe consitering saltwater?

I would definately consider angelfish! Discus and angels are both cichlids and really compliment each other! I was assuming you were planning on discus already? In addition three clown loaches would spice the tank up as far as action. I would also throw in 3 or 4 pearl gouramis and a common pleco. This tank would be really relaxing with the slow moving, graceful fish with the clown loaches in for comic relief! I am assuming a 75 gallon or so tank. Good luck with it!

Right. I have 3 Discus, 5 Cory cats, 1 Pleco, 16 tetras and 6 Angels, [2 big and 4 small.] 20 KUDOS TO............... jasonit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom