What a difference four weeks makes....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plecoperson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Four weeks ago we were just a normal couple, with our 13 cats, one rabbit and a dog.

Then my co-worker moved and left us her 12" Pl*co, Frederick, in his 24" tank.

Tonight I realized that I was photographing our Pl*eco's half eaten zucchini like a proud mom recording her newborn's first smile, while at the same time my husband was boiling driftwood. After the excitement of the shipment from Big Al's today, we were just about in heaven.

$350 in quality-of-Pl*eco-life upgrades later, and so far nothing in the tank but Fred and 11 danios (down from 12-Flippy didn't make it in the transfer from the 20 g and we can only hope he met a swift and painless demise).

I fear there is no hope for us, as our water parameters tested perfect today and I just spent about 2 hours on AquaBid. Pray for us, won't you? :?

plecoperson said:
Four weeks ago we were just a normal couple, with our 13 cats

I dont know if there are normal people with 13 cats.... :lol:

Join the club..... all you have are 12 fish... wait until you have 12 TANKS! :D

Join the club..... all you have are 12 fish... wait until you have 12 TANKS!

LOL...I'm ichin' somthin' terrible for my next one.

It only hurts when you think about what you could have bought with all the money you spent on the fish... 8O If I'd saved that cash over the years, I could be driving a Mercedes now. :lol:

My 6th is waiting for funding to set up, also want/need to finish the basement repairs before I do any more tanks.

Well this just put it this way some said they could have a murcedes. Then I could of build anew House for what I've got in my tanks. NO just kidding but I have 18 tanks and building my frist 350gal plywood tank. This hobbie get's under your skin. Once there it's like a bee sting the more you rub it the more it gets to you. I started a hatcher here in the lonestar state that has turned into a nice income. Just to help pay for my addiction.
This is my drug and it's better for you then anything out there. Reduces stress lowers blood presure { most of the time lol} and helps to bring the family togeather. So congrads and welcome to the world of fish. That want be the last money you spend.

I met my husband when I was managing a pet store 22 years ago and he came in to start an aquarium. Lots of visits when setting up a tank, you know. I'm going to consider all $ spent on this hobby as an investment in our relationship-so far still cheaper than a romantic getaway to the Poconos or some such, right? You shoulda seen the little hearts coming out of us when we used the Python for the first time!

I can't help but notice that the 20g Fred came in is still up here and never made it down to the basement. I got a baaaaaad feelin'........

showphoto.php

Fred's first zucchini, and I think we have gone right over the edge. Also, I don't know if I did this pic right.

Back
Top Bottom