What do I do now???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay something told me to retest my fish-less cycle tank and go close by my sliding door to use the best lighting we all have, the sun, my results are in the attached pic.....how will I know if I am stalled? Or do I need to do a PWC and retest? Help please... btw...I seeded with decor..

Attachments

• 20121015_114429.jpg
    20121015_114429.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 66
Just wait, it looks like you are at about ~2ppm ammonia and ~5ppm nitrite. If the ammonia goes down to 0 and the nitrite is still at the top of the chart, I would do a PWC to get it down to a readable level before dosing more ammonia.

jetajockey said:
Just wait, it looks like you are at about ~2ppm ammonia and ~5ppm nitrite. If the ammonia goes down to 0 and the nitrite is still at the top of the chart, I would do a PWC to get it down to a readable level before dosing more ammonia.

I'm no expert by any means but just from doing tons of reading and reading posts from experienced members here I dont think you are stalled, if your pH gets to the mid/low 6's then you would want to see if you had stalled. I would do the WC to get Nitrites on a readable level and see if your ammo 0's out since your nitrites are so high.

I'm no expert by any means but just from doing tons of reading and reading posts from experienced members here I dont think you are stalled, if your pH gets to the mid/low 6's then you would want to see if you had stalled. I would do the WC to get Nitrites on a readable level and see if your ammo 0's out since your nitrites are so high.

Okay I did a 75%-80%, waited 1 hour, retest, results are ammo .50 and trites are .50.....I will retest in another hour to see if results are the same

Okay so I did another water change due to retesting hours later and realized I had o.d. the tank (ammo was 8.0, nitrites 5.0, nitrates 5.0) a PWC and here are the results...what do I do now if anything?

Attachments

• 20121017_122817.jpg
    20121017_122817.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 50
okay day 13...woke up, test ammo, it was 8.0, did large PWC, retest ammo was 0.25, added 2 drops ammo, retest, ammo was 4.0, and just retest ammo again and now it is back to 0.25, so I retest trites which are off chart, trates are 5.0-10.....so do I need to do anything such as add more ammo????

Attachments

• 20121017_213927.jpg
    20121017_213927.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom