What do y'all think about this test kit? woo-hoo new petco!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clockradio

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A Petco just opened and was finally able to get a test kit (lfs and walmart never seem to have any :x )

Anyway I just got this "Freshwater Master Test Kit" from "Aquarium pharmaceuticals". Is this good enough? These are the results I got (it varys depending who looks at it)

ph 7.4-7.6
ammonia 0 ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
nitrate 40-80ppm

what ya think?

---so much money-wife so mad--- :wink:

That is a great kit and yes sometimes the colors are hard to read. You need to do a water change your nitrates are slightly high.

I agree the AP test kit is great and yes your nitrates are too high, do a water change and bring them down some.

Great choice on test kit! AP is the best, IMO. The Nitrates become difficult to read at the higher levels. A good rule of thumb is that if you are having trouble distinguishing between colors, its time for a water change. I'd do daily water changes for the next several days of 25% until the Nitrates are down to 15 - 20. Nitrates are easier to manage at lower levels than they are at high levels.

Re: What do y'all think about this test kit? woo-hoo new pet

clockradio said:
---so much money-wife so mad--- :wink:

Just assure her that the kit will last a pretty long time. :p One way to help maintain your nitrates is careful feeding. Don't overfeed and don't overstock.

I'll do a 25% pwc after work. Hopfully I'll get them down. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom