What do you guys/girls think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I just posted a picture of my 50g tank that I just finished aquascaping and I wanted to know what you guys think of it. Do I need more plants or hide outs? I would really appreciate your input! :) thanks (also I want it to be a community tank if that influences anything)

I like it! I love how you did the gravel/sand.

I like it! I love how you did the gravel/sand.

Thanks!!! I really like how it came out! :) and maybe down the road ill start phasing out the artificial plants for real ones! :)
I am glad you like it!

Very nice mate, i agree with Bruna, love the sand/gravel combo. Haven't seen that before...It looks alot bigger that a 50g. I would leave it like so and in the future, depending on your stock, you could add some hiding spots, caves, clay pots etc etc..I personally prefer a tank with less than more. Let the fish be the attraction..Are all your plants artifical/real..You obviously have a good eye for aquascaping, is this your first tank??..Just a suggestion but you should consider an external filter, you could have more stock then...Ian

Very nice mate, i agree with Bruna, love the sand/gravel combo. Haven't seen that before...It looks alot bigger that a 50g. I would leave it like so and in the future, depending on your stock, you could add some hiding spots, caves, clay pots etc etc..I personally prefer a tank with less than more. Let the fish be the attraction..Are all your plants artifical/real..You obviously have a good eye for aquascaping, is this your first tank??..Just a suggestion but you should consider an external filter, you could have more stock then...Ian

Hey! Thanks. I doubled checked and it is a 50 maybe 55 cuz the measurements ate 48x13wide x 19tall... All the plants are artificial. And yup this is my first fish tank :) and last haha I plan to get a canister filter maybe in a couple months or so (could not afford one just yet)

Hey! Thanks. I doubled checked and it is a 50 maybe 55 cuz the measurements ate 48x13wide x 19tall... All the plants are artificial. And yup this is my first fish tank :) and last haha I plan to get a canister filter maybe in a couple months or so (could not afford one just yet)
Very nice work mate, most people take a long time getting it looking that well. Fair play..The plants look really well, wasn't sure whether they were real or not..Yeah the canisters are the way to go when you have the budget, so much easier in general, cleaning etc..Remember the bigger the better, you can never over-filter!!...
Best of luck with it...Ian

I'm willing to bet you have a 55, that's the measurements of my 55 by an inch or so. I think mine may be 21ish tall. I know for sure mine is 48 inches long and just shy of 13 inches wide.

I'm willing to bet you have a 55, that's the measurements of my 55 by an inch or so. I think mine may be 21ish tall. I know for sure mine is 48 inches long and just shy of 13 inches wide.

Yea I was thinking it might be 55. If I do the math it comes to 52.xx so yea might be!

Looking good! Are you going to add some driftwood? That would be cool.

You does have driftwood. Lol the big brown volcano looking thing is a mopani driftwood. I soaked it for 2 weeks with water changes to make sure it does not cloud the water. :)

Back
Top Bottom