Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #1

what do you think?

can any cichlids live in a 30 gallon with juli corys? i really like convicts and if 6 corys could fit in a 10 gallon tank i would just do a tank around a convict. so 2 things just thinking here.
1. what cichlids can go with juli corys and not eat them?

2. if i had somewhere for the corys to go how could i stock a 30 gallon around a convict?

thanks

Old 04-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Sure, several can. rams, apistos, kribs, smaller angels. There are a few others, but those are the most common.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #3

are rams often called electric yellows and electric blues
Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #4

what about yellow labs
Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

No, the most common rams are bolivian and german blue... though there are electric blue rams... no to yellow labs, they'd destroy everything in the tank

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #6

Electric Blue Cichlid - African Cichlids - Fish - PetSmart

is this a ram bc petsmart and petco are the only fish stores around me i plan on working there when im 16 to help in the fish section though so maybe i can fix petco and petsmarts problems
Old 04-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

No, without looking I can tell you that. Rams are south american. I've seen my local Petsmart carrying them. Or, you can always order them online. I'd be worried about getting rams from an LFS. They tend to be weaker. Breeders are the best place. I'm sure there are some local.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
No, without looking I can tell you that. Rams are south american. I've seen my local Petsmart carrying them. Or, you can always order them online. I'd be worried about getting rams from an LFS. They tend to be weaker. Breeders are the best place. I'm sure there are some local.
yea ill check in about a month (when im done cycling) and see what they have if they have a blue ram then what would be a good stocking maybe
6-bleeding heart tetras
1-blue ram
6-juli corys

the thing with buying them online is that they make you buy until you get to like 30.00 of fish
Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

nah, just depends on where you get them from. aquabid is a good place to find single fish. They often don't have a minimum. That sounds like an ok stocking plan to me. Julii's aren't my favorite, but if they're yours, go for them

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com