What do you think? New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it's a pain lol. I don't know what other test to use and I probably can't afford something digital. Thanks for dealing with me.

In my opinion it is cycled and I'm just seeing the results of the tap water but I will test all the time to make sure.

So one last thing. I've got this danio with a white spot or two. I bought some aquarium salt. Would it be safe to add it? (1 tbsp per 10 gallons). I also bought Tetra Fungus Guard. Could I use that?

Yeah it's a pain lol. I don't know what other test to use and I probably can't afford something digital. Thanks for dealing with me.

In my opinion it is cycled and I'm just seeing the results of the tap water but I will test all the time to make sure.

So one last thing. I've got this danio with a white spot or two. I bought some aquarium salt. Would it be safe to add it? (1 tbsp per 10 gallons). I also bought Tetra Fungus Guard. Could I use that?

Better yet, you might get a better response if you start a new thread over on the 'Unhealthy Fish' forum.

Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Best!

I made a post over there.

Here are some pics if your interested.

So the plan is I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to test again and not do a PWC until the test tomorrow. If my ammonia is the same or less I'll wait again. If it goes up I'll do a PWC.

Attachments

• image-1955441373.jpg
    image-1955441373.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3334297175.jpg
    image-3334297175.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 51
Just to let you know if do use the fungus guard in your tank it can cause a mini cycle, and if you are not fully cycled at this point it can stall the cycle because it is designed to kill fungus and bacteria.
Adding the salt will not hurt your tank. Just make sure to desolve it in some of your tank water before adding it.

I don't think I'm gonna use it. The more I look at him the more I think dropsy. Might just take him out of the tank.

Some pet stores have a return policy, if you want to humanly put him down put him in a zip loc baggie with just enough water to cover him and place him in the freezer. Some places will replace with out the caucus some actualy want to see it. Just call the one you got him from and see what their policy is.

I went to take him out and found him upside down at the bottom not breathing.

Just put him in the fridge or freezer so you can return him if the store will take him back. Most places you will have to have the receipt from purchase, if you have that they will just give you a new fishy. As I said before tho you might want to call to see what their return policy is.

Was there anything in the tank that could have been bullying him? I had a fish get those white spots and a nipped tail once and I think it was from another fish constantly bullying him.

Yeah it could've been another fish but I haven't seen any signs of bullying really. The danios chase each other but that's about it. The rest of my danios are fine now though. I have 4 that seem to be perfectly healthy.

Back
Top Bottom