What fish is that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpaq2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422941613.492590.jpg

What fish is this because I want it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

definitely a chichlid. I'd look through some pics of those to see if you can find a match. The picture has low resolution so Its hard to tell exactly so i think just seeing some pictures of various Chichlid species might help you identify it.
does a female Kingsizei Pulpican seem appropriate to you? that's what I found in a quick search. the colors match But there is a vertical strip so idk.

definitely a chichlid. I'd look through some pics of those to see if you can find a match. The picture has low resolution so Its hard to tell exactly so i think just seeing some pictures of various Chichlid species might help you identify it.
does a female Kingsizei Pulpican seem appropriate to you? that's what I found in a quick search. the colors match But there is a vertical strip so idk.

I don't know it was in a community tank with non cichlids were I saw it so it's definitely dosile and I have another pic if this helps ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422946345.297512.jpg

Wait I think I just found it it's called a sandman eartheater and here is a better picture I found online ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422946597.789260.jpg

some chichlids are peaceful so it they can easily accompany a community tank but if the coloration seems to match then it could be it. But if it's at a Lps it's probably easiest to just ask them since they'd know for sure. But I'm positive it's at least that it's a chichlid. the resolution is still pretty low so it's easier to identify with your own eyes or someone who can see it in person. it's definitely a female though since it's color isn't as dramatic.

Sandman is a generic name like earth eater
Its definitely a Geophagus Just not sure which one. Google that and they will come up.

Looks like satanoperca jurupari, but it is a satanoperca species.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are they still geophagus or were they re classified?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are they still geophagus or were they re classified?

They are a geophagine in the genus Satanoperca, but are commonly mislabeled as geos.

They are a geophagine in the genus Satanoperca, but are commonly mislabeled as geos.

Thank you. I had one 30 years ago and then only seen them listed as GEOS

Back
Top Bottom