what fish to get next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frankiesfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I have recently set up my new tank, and we currently have some mollys, platys, and a fighter fish and wondered what other fish to get next? What fish will go well with these? We want as interesting/colourful fish as possible, any ideas??:)

assuming your tank is a 40g+ you could put a school of tetras with some angel fish

sorry for late reply

sorry for the late reply guys, I have a 60 litre tank, its been up and running 4 weeks this sunday. We only have 2 mollys 2 platys and the fighter fish atm.

Bettas are hit and miss in community tanks; they often become aggressive toward the other fish. It can work in some cases but not all. Just keep an eye out for aggression.

Your tank is about 15 gals so you have some room left. There are some options for fish but the tank is still fairly new; also with the betta in there it may limit the kinds of fish you can add. Have you tested the water to see whether it is still cycling? You may want to give this guide a read: Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom