What is a good filter for a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey my filter for my 10g just broke and I was wondering what would be a good one? I keep about 7 guppies in it and they have fry in it so I don't want them to get sucked up but u want it to clean good! I don't want it to be to expensive either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

IMO, you would do great with a sponge filter. It's got strong biofiltration and only a gentle current so fry wouldn't get sucked up at all. It's also really, really cheap.

I personally like the tetra whisper HOB filters. You could put something like a sponge over the intake to prevent the babies from getting sucked in.

IMO, you would do great with a sponge filter. It's got strong biofiltration and only a gentle current so fry wouldn't get sucked up at all. It's also really, really cheap.

Where could I get a sponge filter? Could I get one at petsmart?

Where could I get a sponge filter? Could I get one at petsmart?

I'm not sure; I couldn't find them at petco but I haven't checked petsmart. You do need an air pump to run it and you can find them at petsmart for sure.

Sponge filters are simple to make. There are a plethora of videos available on YouTube showing each step. A cheap HOB with something filtering the intake to prevent fry getting sucked in would work equally as good. Reuse your old filter pad to prevent the cycle process from reoccuring

Back
Top Bottom