WHAT is that? Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MommaTes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, this morning I woke up, turned the tank light on (like I always do) said good morning to the stooges and noticed.. something.. odd.. :huh: Now, I'm a newbie to this whole fish thing and I've been trying to figure out what these things are! HELP!? I don't think they are goldfish eggs.. I mean... they're.. freaky looking! Anyone know what these are????? I put a piece of red paper in a bag to give it a background so they can be seen more clearly. Please help! :confused:

Attachments

• Image31.jpg
    Image31.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 88
Looks like eggs to me, but I can't tell what type. What do you have living in your tank? Eggs are usually a good sign that you're keeping your tank in good condition.

BigJim - As far as I know, just a comet goldfish and two black moor goldfish but all the pictures I've found of their eggs look nothing like these :( They freaked me out, I had to do another partial water change today (working on those pesky levels) so they are no more but while changing the water, I found ANOTHER "cluster" just like that. Leave it to my tank to get something freakish going on.

Are they still in the 5 gal tank that's in your signature? A 5 gal for 3 messy goldfish is going to be almost impossible to keep a handle on the ammonia levels. For 3 goldfish you'd need a minimum 40 gal tank. Just some info you may not have heard before.

As for the eggs, I have no idea. I've never seen goldfish eggs, so I wouldn't know if that's what they were. If you're not sure the best thing is probably to take them out. :)

librarygirl - Yes, I've heard from another member here that I need a bigger tank (I had planned on getting a 20 gallon tank this weekend but upon hearing that it's 20 gallons for the first and 10 for each after, I have changed my plans! And.. I just realized that my math was WAY off on my other thread where we were talking about this, I went on about a 30 gallon tank, dar :facepalm: ) so yes, I know, I'm getting a bigger one for them this weekend. So far, as far as keeping it "clean" it hasn't been that difficult just time consuming and I'm having to do constant maintenance to keep levels safe for them (not to mention that the tank is just flat out too small for them, even if levels were fine, I'd still be getting a bigger one, I was just unsure about how much bigger.)

As far as the supposed "eggs" go, that's what I thought... and since today was a water change day, it was easy to get them out of there. Just freaking me out because I have no idea where they could be from, I've done so much research and have yet to find pictures like that, but their placement at first led me to believe I have like a snail or something that snuck in there, but upon finding a second "cluster" of them way down low, I'm stumped yet again!

Back
Top Bottom