What is this? Pictures included. Cheers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark1092

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey.

Fishless cycle in a 21.6 litre tank with a filter and heater. This stuff started growing less than 12 hours after I put in the ammonia. Using Ammonchlor.

Water:
Week one ~ Ammonia 4-5ppm, Nitrite 0ppm
Week two (now) ~ Ammonia 4-5ppm, Nitrite 1.0ppm, PH 7.4, Temp. 25.6

It appears to be growing by the day, it's about to start swallowing that silk plant. It's only on the top of the heater, shown in the picture. Almost looks like a cloud.

Thanks for any answers.
Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 169
I did fishless With shrimp. Looks like The same thing That's started covering my shrimp.. U might have to much ammo

Yeah maybe, I'll just leave it for now. If it's still there when the tank is finished cycling I'll just clean it away. Unless that's the stuff that should be in the filter, and instead it's attached elsewhere? Hope not!

Mark1092 said:
Yeah maybe, I'll just leave it for now. If it's still there when the tank is finished cycling I'll just clean it away. Unless that's the stuff that should be in the filter, and instead it's attached elsewhere? Hope not!

It grew on my shrimp so it came out when I took out the shrimp.. In u heater? It looks that's where it wants to live... I think I may have a little bit in my filter and my fish are happy and healthy almost a month now :) u may just rinse it in a bucket of tank water whenever u do ur large PWC at the end of ur cycle if it dont move to
The filter. Idk.. Someone more experience will probably have the answer for u ;)

Back
Top Bottom