What plant is best for a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could have dwarf anubias, java fern, java moss, etc. For good plants you really need to do your own research. I can't help you very much considering the very little information you've given me. what lights do you have? Substrate? Do you plan on having a CO2 system?

Bettafanatic said:
You could have dwarf anubias, java fern, java moss, etc. For good plants you really need to do your own research. I can't help you very much considering the very little information you've given me. what lights do you have? Substrate? Do you plan on having a CO2 system?

I don't have a co2 system I have a reptile
heating light

You won't be able to grow any plants under a reptile heating light. You need to do some research on planted tanks. You can look on this website's articles for some good guidelines. I'd go with a couple of t5-HO bulbs.

You don't have one now, but do you plan to get one? And what substrate do you have? And what fish do you have?

Bettafanatic said:
You won't be able to grow any plants under a reptile heating light. You need to do some research on planted tanks. You can look on this website's articles for some good guidelines. I'd go with a couple of t5-HO bulbs.

You don't have one now, but do you plan to get one? And what substrate do you have? And what fish do you have?

2 bronze Cory cats 2 fancy guppies 2 ghost shrimp 1 female Betta

Cory catfish need schools of six or more to be happy, five being the bare minimum. Hope you did research on those fish before you bought them. Also I don't know how long you've had all the fish but usually betta fish and fancy guppies do not do well together.

I really need a little more information to work with. Do you plan on getting a co2 system and what substrate do you have?

Bettafanatic said:
Cory catfish need schools of six or more to be happy, five being the bare minimum. Hope you did research on those fish before you bought them. Also I don't know how long you've had all the fish but usually betta fish and fancy guppies do not do well together.

I really need a little more information to work with. Do you plan on getting a co2 system and what substrate do you have?

Okay dude my Betta has never attack not one of my fish they r doing fine all my seem calm I've tooling well care of them I had them for a long time except the 2 shrimp and guppies and I plan on getting the co2 system when I have more money I'm just 15

Okay dude my Betta has never attack not one of my fish they r doing fine all my seem calm I've tooling well care of them I had them for a long time except the 2 shrimp and guppies and I plan on getting the co2 system when I have more money I'm just 15

Okay okay I'm sorry if I offended you. I was just saying there are some stories. Every betta is different. Cory cats really do need schools of six but hey, if you don't wanna do that it's fine. I'm just trying to help you.

Alright, if you are getting a co2 system, I'd recommend a double t5-ho fixture, but be careful because they can heat up the water. For a small tank like that, you may need a chiller. As for plants, I'd go with dwarf anubias, java fern, java moss, and maybe some cryptocorynes. It really depends on your lighting and how much care you're willing to provide for the plants.

If money is a problem, you could try a DIY yeast-and-sugar method of co2 injection. It's much cheaper. It does require a bit more maintenance but if you're willing to put up with it I'd say go for it.

What substrate do you have?

Bettafanatic said:
Okay okay I'm sorry if I offended you. I was just saying there are some stories. Every betta is different. Cory cats really do need schools of six but hey, if you don't wanna do that it's fine. I'm just trying to help you.

Alright, if you are getting a co2 system, I'd recommend a double t5-ho fixture, but be careful because they can heat up the water. For a small tank like that, you may need a chiller. As for plants, I'd go with dwarf anubias, java fern, java moss, and maybe some cryptocorynes. It really depends on your lighting and how much care you're willing to provide for the plants.

If money is a problem, you could try a DIY yeast-and-sugar method of co2 injection. It's much cheaper. It does require a bit more maintenance but if you're willing to put up with it I'd say go for it.

What substrate do you have?

Yea I'll see what can do

Back
Top Bottom