What should i Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishKeeper2015

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My frog Fred just died. He was an African dwarf frog. He had white spots on him when he died. Should i keep him in the tank. Bury him in the gravel. Guy at petstore told me to do that with dead fish. Mthough he was shedding. Turnes out he was decaying for a week

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sorry about your frog. Definitely remove him from the tank an burry him or however you would like to dispose of him. Leaving him in the tank can make it unsafe if there's any other inhabitants.

+1 to removal. Dead animals or fish will increase the ammonia level in the tank until the BB catches up with the load. It could actually make the water so unhealthy that anything else in there could die from the rising ammonia. If you need to bury him, do it in the yard by a plant. ;)

Hope this helps (y)

That's crazy pants, next he was probably going to sell you a tiny little headstone to mark the grave :p def remove any dead fish from the tank. I have heavily planted tanks so it's not always so simple as removing the dead ones, I'll catch a whiff of funk and go.looking. it's good to have some scavengers in there I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I throw fish in the trash its just the guys words went through my mind

Il chuck him in the trash. I still got another frog

Well, that would have been good advice if the tank was an uncycled tank. Best source of natural ammonia? But if you have other living things (ie fish, frogs) in there, not such good advice. :nono:

Yah iv been cycled for a while now. Ill chucked him in the trash today

Back
Top Bottom