What should i get ?! :d

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feebs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all!

So, I've taken some time to get over Bart's death - it really made me sad as I really loved him and his little personality and it hit me hard when he died after 8 years!

He was a Black Moor - I love them i think they're beautiful.
I'm ready now to start a new tank.

I currently have a 11 Gallon tank. I know I will need to upgrade if I want multiple fish - which I will.

Any one have any thoughts on happy and fun looking fish you think I should get?

I'm a huge fan of Cichlids but don't know that much about how well they live together etc.

Any help, ideas or advice would be welcomed !! :D :thanks:

I was new to everything aquaria. When I bought my first 60 gallon tank the guy offered me about 40 cichlids, from peacock to yellow lab. I didn't want to pass them up but I did not have enough room for all of them. I kept several yellow labs, and I sold the rest of my fish store.

The yellow labs have been a great way to have excitement in the tank and I already have my first mouthbrooder after a month. They are extremely Hardy and survived partial cycle while I was getting my feet wet on how this whole hobby works. I did have my daughter's aquarium which supplied with some bacteria but I put them in way too early before I knew the tank was finished cycling. Not one died.

Now everyone lives happy with upside down catfish and giant danios alongside the yellow labs and a couple of loaches.

What size tank do you think you will end up with?
I know its still small but it's what I have room for.

I've found a nice 50 Gallon that's on my Christmas list!

Also, is live rock a good idea for this size and type of tank? and what do you recommend ?

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom