What size tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaman23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm in the beginning stage here. I'm new to this hobby and have been lurking here and reading books and doing research. I have a small list of fish that I want for my new tank. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

6 tetras of some kind.
6 harlequin rasboras
3 or 4 sword tails
3 or 4 mollies.
Some type of small bottom feeder, cory, or a loach (Any suggestions?)
and then a few other select fish that I haven't decided on yet.

What size tank would you guys recommend that I look into buying to accomadate all of these plus possible later additions?

IMO the bigger the tank the better. With a large tank there is more room for error. There are also more options for different fish with a larger tank. I started out with a 10 gallon about 4 years ago and now I have up graded from a 10 to a 40 to a 90, start out as big as you can afford/fit it will honestly save you money in the long run.

agree, get the biggest that you can afford and have space for.

i went from a 10 gal to a 29 gal in less than 2 months.

you would need at the bare minimum a 29 gal for all those fish you desire. I would at least try to get a 55 gal to accomodate that wish list and leave you room to add more fish/plants/etc.

I would go 55 gallon to and you could easily fit all the fish on your list into it with overcrowding.

Also I recommend loaches over corys I would get 5 zebra loaches or 5 yoyo loaches if you go 55 gallons since IMO they do need a 4 foot tank.

Back
Top Bottom