what to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 30 gallon with 1 gold gourami,3 platys, and 2 cories. Is there anything else i could add.

I would watch your gourami just make sure no aggression starts coming from him I had one in a 29 gallon who killed of all his tankmates. But if you did buy a docile one I would add a school of 7 harlequin rasbora or lemon tetra.

Also add 4 more of whatever type of cory species you have.

My gouramis has only killed an angel fish that was picking on him first. I was hoping for a type of cichlid.

That's normal honestly my gouramis always killed angels I wouldn't do a cichlid with him though.

Definitely add more corys. I'm not so sure about a ram. It could probably work with a peaceful gourami because rams tend to occupy the bottom level of the tank, but if your gourami has already killed an angel then his temperament is most likely not the best to put with a ram.

U could add a ram or 2 no prob. I don't really consider them cichlids but no real cichlids unless there tanganesian ( don't think that's spelled right) but those are hard to find and not carried at chain pet stores. That being said cichlids require rock in their tank. About a lbs per gallon so take that into thought before u make ur decision

Back
Top Bottom