What to do with my 20G tank for pH, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey I'm delighted. Just found a baby cory in my tank 1cm long. I must be doing something right

Just a thought, I'm not 100% sure but I always thought you had to have some sort of substrate for cory's.

I've heard a few people on the forums saying you can get an api master kit on amazon for $20 to $30. Not a bad price considering over here they are nearly €50

What does an API Master Kit do? Cories need other cories and food on the bottom. I got one cause it is too early for ottos. They wouldn't have enough to eat, but the way these guys are pooping I am sure an otto would have a smorgasbord. Goodness I think they may be worse than Gold Fish. The one looks like she got fatter in the last few hours. I am praying she is just full of it lol. I am in no way prepared for fry.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ya that's the one. It's test kit, it has all the solutions for testing ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. It's simple enough to use. There is a vial for each test just fill up to the line with tank water and add drops of different solutions to them. Much more accurate than test strips.

She might just be bloated. I have a Dalmatian mollie here ready to pop, but I'm not set up for fry at the minute and going on honeymoon next week so I won't be able look after them, I'm afraid I'll just have to let nature take its course. There are loads of hiding spaces so a few might survive.

She might just be bloated. I have a Dalmatian mollie here ready to pop, but I'm not set up for fry at the minute and going on honeymoon next week so I won't be able look after them, I'm afraid I'll just have to let nature take its course. There are loads of hiding spaces so a few might survive.

Congrats on the wedding! :)
I am waiting on my Apongeton plant to grow more and then maybe gravel or sand the bottom for it to root. Then maybe lillies so they will have more to munch on.

Are you keeping your tank bare bottom?

If not you're gonna have a little trouble when you do add substrate.

Are you keeping your tank bare bottom?

If not you're gonna have a little trouble when you do add substrate.

So far I am. I would like to maybe do sand. But I am enjoying the easy poo clean up. I just move the few decorations out of the way, stir and swipe, move them back. Clean as a whistle. I popped in my bulbs yesterday. Hoping the sprouted one did not die in the cold outside the night before. I had a migraine, fell asleep and forgot to bring it in. *face palm*

How are the new inhabitants getting on

So far they seem happy, healthy, and knock-on-driftwood no pregnancies. The puffiness went down on the one belly. They are simply in love with bloodworms. They acted like cats on cat nip, the "OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING" reaction. Flips, jumps, whole shebang. pH is staying about a steady 7.6 and it looks like ammonia is going down a little from the steady .25. So I am debating changing water again since it looks like the bacteria is doing its job. I do not want to starve the bacteria of ammonia needed to grow sufficiently. Even though I added bio boost bacteria.
Did your fishie pop yet?

Attachments

• 1398092995064.jpg
    1398092995064.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 1398093036227.jpg
    1398093036227.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 47
Sorry I just saw reply now, I haven't been on her in a few days, busy with last minute wedding stuff.
Your ammonia looks good, coming down nicely, if I were you I would start checking for nitrite now, as they should be rising slightly if your ammonia is dropping.
Glad they are all doing well and no pregnancies!!
Mine had one or two fry so far that I have seen but I'd say they became a tasty snack?

Sorry I just saw reply now, I haven't been on her in a few days, busy with last minute wedding stuff.
Your ammonia looks good, coming down nicely, if I were you I would start checking for nitrite now, as they should be rising slightly if your ammonia is dropping.
Glad they are all doing well and no pregnancies!!
Mine had one or two fry so far that I have seen but I'd say they became a tasty snack?

I had an ammonia spike today. 1.0. Since I am ill, I cannot go get water for at least a 25% water change. So I did a one gallon since that is all the RO water I had left. And added bio boost. My nitrates and nitrites yesterday or the day before were at 0 when I had the store check. I cleaned everything out best I could and didn't feed them tonight. I think I over fed causing the spike. So, I hope all remains well while I am ill and everything goes down so I do not lose anyone. The one started getting big again and looks boxy but not huge. So I keep wondering.
Awee poor little fry. Do you have grass? I am attempting to grow a lilly just in case. Also, my apongeton made it! Will LFS buy from us?

I think my lilly is a dud as well. Smells nasty like the dud apongoeton bulbs. Sending those back. Everyone is doing well. Ammonia is under control. Think Dorothy may have ich so I am going to send that info over to sick fish on here. But everyone's great. Cat got on the hood and discovered finally something was in the tank. Bent down to look in, slid down the front and off my dresser. Hillarious. So happy for 20G of water holding it in place and this awesomely designed hood. How are all your fish and the wedding. :)

Back
Top Bottom