what to do woth my 10 g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had my ten gallon up for almost three years now(still going strong/looking good) but after a few years looking at the same thing, im ready to change it up. i would like to keep my 5 neons and guppy. im looking for something cool. gbr? thanks

Thats a hard one being a ten gallon but a gbr should be in a little bit bigger tank. You could try adding live plants with it to maybe start something new. You vould probably get away with some loaches or another schooling fish

Betta, no gbr in a 10.. Please..they reunite pristine water. A stocked 10 will simply not do..

If you were starting over you could do a planted Shrimp tank, no fish except Otos.

With 5 Neons and a Guppy ??
3 Amano Shrimp or
5 Corydoras habrosus
Or 3 Otos

Male Betta might kill your other fish, esp the Guppy !!

Add new plants or new wood or rocks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. Thanks for the help. If I replaced the guppy with the betta would that work? If I decide to keep the guppy, what are my other options for stocking?

Ok. Thanks for the help. If I replaced the guppy with the betta would that work? If I decide to keep the guppy, what are my other options for stocking?

I've had very bad luck with community Bettas. They either overeat and have to be pulled out and fasted in big tanks. Or they go rogue in small tanks.

With a Betta I've successfully kept White Clouds and Ghost Shrimp. Nothing colorful survived.

I already listed some options in a previous post.

I've had very bad luck with community Bettas. They either overeat and have to be pulled out and fasted in big tanks. Or they go rogue in small tanks.

With a Betta I've successfully kept White Clouds and Ghost Shrimp. Nothing colorful survived.

I already listed some options in a previous post.

Sorry, I missed that one. I'll run this through my mind for a little bit.

Newts? I've seen them a my lfs. Would they get too big and are they a species only tank? Thank for all your help.

Newts? I've seen them a my lfs. Would they get too big and are they a species only tank? Thank for all your help.

They would eat your fish.

You need to decide if you are keeping your fish or starting over. Newts should be in a species tank IMHO.

Look at Aqua advisor for stocking numbers ...it's not perfect but may help.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396290642.012147.jpg
I put some fiddler crabs in mine they're neat little fella's, I feed them dead pet store fish which a little but goes a very long way cause they eat some, then store the rest up and eat it over a few days. And no that crab isn't dead, that's just an amply she'll I havnt removed yet

Cool crabs. I figured what I'm doing. 1x guppy,5x neons,3x ghost shrimp,5x kuhli loaches, ran by aqadvisor and its good.

Back
Top Bottom