What to feed Scarlet Badis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am setting up a 4 gallon Scarlet Badis tank and I have read that bloodworms are not good for them and can make them obese. Would the micro Hikari pellets be a good primary food? Any other advice on them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was never able to get them to take flake or pellet foods. I had success with bloodworms, baby brine shrimp, live daphnia, and baby RCS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had 10 Scarlet Badis and besides small live foods mine ate Frozen Cyclops and especially liked the Repashy Gel foods. Most ate flaked earthworm food from Angels Plus but you have to grid in up into very small pieces before feeding being sure to only add a tiny little bit.

I was never able to get them to take flake or pellet foods. I had success with bloodworms, baby brine shrimp, live daphnia, and baby RCS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in this boat. Mine only take frozen or live foods. I've never had a problem with bloodworms and SB.

I will have to try the Repashy on them.

I am setting up a 4 gallon Scarlet Badis tank and I have read that bloodworms are not good for them and can make them obese. Would the micro Hikari pellets be a good primary food? Any other advice on them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have used microworms and grindal worms.

Well thanks for the awesome responses! Looks like I have a few options for feeding. I think I might try feeding a couple different foods and see which they like best. I'll be sure to post pics when I get them

Mine did eat flake and micro pellets, both crushed up. They also ate frozen and live baby brine

The issue is, they like to stalk their food and stop and look for movement.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I ask where you are getting them from? I'm looking to buy females.

My LFS is ordering some for me, I found a couple websites where you can buy them like liveaquaria, only problem is $35 shipping for an $8 fish.

You are lucky you have a good LFS. Mine hardly orders anything special. I always end up getting fish shipped In

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine eat baby cherry shrimp (there is a colony in the tank with them), snail eggs, grindal worms and baby brine shrimp. I've had no luck at all getting them to eat prepared food.

Back
Top Bottom